ABOUT XELSOURCE SM
To speak with someone at XELSOURCE about your insurance coverage and medication costs for
After you have been prescribed
- Contacting your insurance company on your behalf
- Helping investigate and assess your eligibility for coverage when needed
- Confirming what your out-of-pocket costs will be
- Assisting you with obtaining
Prior Authorization (PA)when needed
Our Co-Pay Savings Program may reduce out-of-pocket-cost for eligible, commercially insured patients prescribed XELJANZ/XELJANZ XR. Eligibility requirements apply.
To speak with someone about your insurance coverage and medication costs, call 1-844-935-5269 and say "Representative."
Learn About Savings Options
If you are running into financial challenges, Pfizer has programs in place that may be able to help. See below for details.
To speak with someone at XELSOURCE about your insurance coverage and medication costs for XELJANZ, call
*The Pfizer Patient Assistance Program is a joint program of Pfizer Inc. and the Pfizer Patient Assistance Foundation™. The Pfizer Patient Assistance Foundation is a separate legal entity from Pfizer Inc. with distinct legal restrictions.
Co-Pay Savings Card
Our Co-Pay Savings Card may reduce out-of-pocket cost for eligible, commercially-insured patients prescribed
Sign Up To Receive A Co-Pay Savings Card Now
There are three ways you can get a Co-Pay Savings Card.*
- 1. Receive one in the mail, as part of our XELJANZ Welcome Kit.
- 2. Elect to receive one via text message by texting “XPROGRAM” to 50336 and enrolling in the XSAVINGS Co-pay Program for XELJANZ.†
- 3. Follow the directions to print a card immediately after registering below.
To activate your card, call 1-844-935-5269 and say “Activate.”
*For eligible underinsured or uninsured patients, XELSOURCE may offer financial assistance through the Pfizer Patient Assistance Program. Call XELSOURCE to learn more about these programs. Terms and conditions/eligibility requirements apply.
†Mobile Terms and Conditions Apply. Msg and data rates may apply. Msg frequency varies. Text HELP for info, STOP to opt out.